Conditions of hire
- Contract of hire should be between the hirer and the property owner and subject to the conditions of hire.
- Payment and booking. A provisional booking can be accepted by telephone and MUST be confirmed within 7 days of the arrival of a booking form and the required deposit. Provisional reservations will be cancelled after 7 days without further reference. ALL parts of the booking form must be completed including guests’ names.
- NO MORE than the number of persons shown on the booking form may occupy the property. For bookings made more than 6 weeks before your holiday a deposit of one third of the holiday price fee is required. Balance of the payment must be sent 6 weeks prior to the holiday. Reminders are not sent out and the booking is deemed to be cancelled if the balance is not paid by the specific date. For bookings made less than 6 weeks before your holiday the total amount is required.
- Period of hire. Your holiday house will be ready for you after 15:00 hours on arrival day and you must leave by 10:00 hours on departure day. Changeover day is Saturday although a different day may be arranged out of season.
- Care of the property. The house must be left in a clean and tidy condition by 10:00 hours on departure day, and breakages and/or damage reported and paid for. Where security deposits are held, they will be returned to you as soon as possible, after the property has been checked at the end of your stay. Any extra cleaning charges and costs of repairs or replacements shall be deducted from this deposit.
- Pets. Dogs are allowed. They are permitted on the strict understanding that they are kept off the furniture, are not allowed in the bedrooms, and are never left alone in the property and garden. They must be exercised away from the property and garden. Hirers will be liable for any damage caused by pets.
- Right of entry. The property owner or their representative shall be allowed the right of entry at all reasonable times for inspection, repair or maintenance purposes.
- Holiday cancellation and curtailment insurance – applicable to all bookings. Your booking is a legally binding contract, and like all contracts you should protect yourself in case things go wrong. That’s why we ask for all our booking to be protected by holiday cancellation and curtailment insurance. It is a condition of your booking that you make arrangements to insure against the possible cancellation of your holiday. We regret that cancellations for whatever reason will be chargeable.
- Cancellations [other reasons]. In the event of the applicant wishing to cancel the arrangements prior to the commencement of the letting and for reasons not covered by your cancellation policy, and upon notifying the owner in writing, we shall endeavour to re-let the property for the period concerned or for such part thereof as may prove possible. If such re-letting can be arranged, the Balance, if already paid, will be refunded less a charge for any additional cost expenses. The deposit will not be refunded.
- Availability. The Hiring Contract is made on the understanding that the property as published will be available for the dates stated. In the unlikely event that a property is not available through events arising out of the control of the owner, then the owner may be forced to cancel the booking the booking. The hirer will be advised of any such circumstances as early as possible and all monies paid in full – but the hirer will have no further claims against the owner.
- Linen. Bed linen and towels are supplied for the property.
- Complaints. In the unlikely event of complaint you should immediately contact the owner or caretaker who will attempt to resolve the problem for you. It has to be stressed that we cannot consider complaints reported after you have returned home from your holiday house, when the visitor has denied the owner the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to put matters right during the holiday.
- Liability. It is an expressed condition of this booking that the owner will not be held responsible for any accident, loss or damage which may be sustained by any hirer, member of his party, or visitor, or their property, however caused. The owner cannot accept liability for happenings such as breakdown of domestic appliances, plumbing, wiring, sudden temporary invasion of pests, damage resulting from exceptional weather conditions.
- Short breaks. Can sometimes be booked off season. At any other times, bookings may be taken but usually only at short notice.